This locomotive, of Peckett class OY-1, was one of only six, being part of a batch of four built to the order of Courtaulds in 1948. When new, No. 2087, then named Dafydd, was sent to Courtaulds' Aber Works, Flint, North Wales. It was subsequently transferred to Wolverhampton, where it lost the name. Finally, No. 2087, went to Courtaulds' Red Scar, Preston, plant. Here it was rebuilt with parts from scrapped sister engine No. 2086, and worked until replacement by diesel in 1968. During its time at Preston, No. 2087 received the name Miranda.
After withdrawal the loco was purchased by the Lytham Creek Motive Power Museum. In March 1980 it was transferred to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway for possible use there, although in fact the loco was never steamed. A QRS member purchased No. 2087 in 1983, and in December of that year it was moved to Quainton. (Info from the BRC website)
It left the railway in January 2018.